This homemade honey mustard sauce is gluten, dairy, and soy-free. It’s made with just 3 ingredients and is perfect for dipping. We love it with chicken fingers, on grilled turkey burgers, or with my Healthy Leftover Ham Recipe. This recipe is so easy and delicious, you’ll never go back to store-bought honey mustard again.
How do you make Honey Mustard Sauce from Scratch?
To make this 3-ingredient honey mustard sauce all you need are mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and honey. If you like spicy honey mustard sauce just add in 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper or a few dashes of red pepper flakes.
- Add 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, and 1 tablespoon of honey to a small mixing bowl.
- Stir the ingredients together.
- Cover and chill for about 15 minutes before serving.
Where to Buy the Ingredients
The ingredients in this recipe are available at your local grocery store.
My Favorite Brands
For this recipe, I use Primal Kitchen Mayo made with avocado oil, and Really Raw Honey. The mayo and dijon mustard are gluten, soy, and dairy-free and there are no added sugars or sweeteners. The honey is just that, raw honey, with nothing else added.
Is Honey Mustard Healthy?
Most store-bought honey mustard sauces and dressings contain preservatives, added sugars, and unhealthy fats. Many of them also contain some of the top 8 allergens, which is why I prefer to make my own.
Is There a Difference Between Honey Mustard Sauce and Honey Mustard Dressing?
Yes. Honey mustard sauce is made with mayonnaise as the main ingredient. It is thicker and mainly used for dipping. Honey mustard dressing is made with oil as the main ingredient. The dressing is lighter and used for salads and glazes.
Whatever you use this homemade honey mustard sauce for, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- Small mixing bowl with a lid
- Measuring spoons
- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper OR 2-3 dashes Red Pepper Flakes optional for extra spicy sauce
- Add 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise to a small mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Stir together with a spoon.
- Cover and chill for up to 15 minutes before serving.
LEAVE ME A COMMENT and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you and reading all your comments.
Blessings, Laura xo