Bloody Marys are my thing. Up until now, I stopped drinking them because most mixes contain gluten and soy. I've been searching for years to find a bloody mary mix recipe without these allergens. Alas, the wait is over. If you have a gluten and/or soy allergy and love bloody mary's then this homemade gluten-free bloody mary mix is for you. No allergies, well this mix is made for you too. It's made from scratch, with no added ingredients, and has the perfect amount of spice, and zest.
If bloody marys are not your thing, no problem. They're not for everyone, but I've got you covered. Try my Champagne Punch.
For the Mix
- Tomato Juice
- Fresh Lemon Juice (juice from 1-2 lemons)
- Tabasco brand hot sauce. It's gluten and soy-free with just 3 simple ingredients.
- Fish Sauce - I use the Thai Kitchen brand.
- Sea Salt
- Celery Salt
- Celery Seed
- Ground Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Juice from 1 fresh lemon wedge to rim glasses for serving.
- Extra sea salt and celery salt to rim glasses for serving.
- Vodka - I use Tito's brand. It is good quality vodka and it is certified gluten-free.
- Cracked Black Peppercorns (optional) - I sometimes sprinkle a few dashes over the top for extra spiciness.
Classic Garnishes (optional)
- Celery Stalks
- Lemon wedges
How to Make this Bloody Mary Mix Recipe
This recipe is for a classic bloody mary mix. It's very simple. Just add your ingredients to a blender starting with the liquids first. Add in your spices, then blend for 1-2 minutes on medium-high speed. Set the mix aside.
Next, prepare your glass. To rim your glass swipe a lemon wedge around the edge of the glass then set it aside. Mix 1 tablespoon celery salt and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt together in a small dish. Dip the rim of your glass into the seasoned salt mixture coating the entire rim.
Finally, fill your glass 1/2 to 3/4 full of ice cubes. Add in 1 1/2 ounces (1 shot glass full) of your favorite vodka. Pour in 4 ounces of your mix then stir together, mixing it well. Garnish, serve and enjoy.
Best Bloody Mary Garnishes
Whether you choose to go with a classic bloody mary mix recipe or go bold, there is no limit to the possibilities when it comes to garnishes. Just use your imagination and have some fun!
To make a classic bloody mary, garnish with any or all of these common ideas.
- Celery stalks
- Green olives stuffed with pimentos
- Lemon wedges
The attitude for bloody mary garnishes these days is to GO BIG! Have fun while you garnish your bloody mary with any of these over-the-top ideas.
- Bacon slices
- Shrimp cocktail
- Mini carrots
- Dill pickle spears
- Cherry tomatoes
- Pickled okra
How Long Does Bloody Mary Mix Last in the Refrigerator?
Store this homemade gluten-free bloody mary mix in the refrigerator for about 2-3 weeks. Make sure to keep it sealed tightly. Stir or shake well before serving. The seasonings settle to the bottom. If you notice an odor, an odd flavor, or appearance, the mix should be discarded.
If you like this recipe TRY my Champagne Punch.
Homemade Gluten-Free Bloody Mary Mix
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board and paring knife (for slicing lemons)
- Small spoon
- Small bowl
- Serving glasses
- Drink Stirrer
- Cocktail picks for garnish (optional)
For the MIX
- 16 ounces Tomato Juice
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice Juice from 1-2 lemons.
- 1/2 Tbsp Tabasco Sauce I use Tabasco brand.
- 3/4 Tbsp Fish Sauce I use Thai Kitchen brand.
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Celery Seed
- 1/2 tsp Celery Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
To RIM your glasses
- 1 Lemon wedge
- 1 Tbsp Celery Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 ounces Vodka equivalent to 1 shot glass full.
- Ice Cubes Fill your glass 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- 1-2 sprinkles Cracked Black Peppercorns Optional for added spiciness.
For the CLASSIC GARNISH (optional)
- 2-3 Celery Stalks
- 3-4 Green Olives Stuffed with Pimentos
- 1-2 Lemon Wedges
To make the MIX
- To your blender, add the tomato juice, lemon juice, Tabasco, and fish sauce.
- Add in the salt, celery seed, celery salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Blend all ingredients on medium-high for 1-2 minutes. Set the mix aside.
To RIM your glass
- In a small bowl combine 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt and 1 tablespoon of celery salt.
- Next, swipe 1 lemon wedge around the rim of your glass, then dip the rim into the salt mixture coating the entire rim.
- Fill your glass 1/2 to 3/4 full with ice cubes.
- Add 1 1/2 ounces of Vodka to the glass.
- Pour 4 ounces of the mix into the glass.
- Mix well using a drink stirrer.
- Garnish and Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below in the comments!
Blessings, Laura xo