Go ahead and indulge in this healthy chocolate fruit dip. It's light, fluffy, decadent, and dairy-free. This dip is just perfect for any occasion.
This chocolate fruit dip is dairy-free and made with just a few ingredients. This easy fruit dip recipe is great as a refreshing snack or an appetizer for a large gathering. This dairy-free fruit dip pairs well with any fresh fruit. Try it alone by the spoonful. No matter how you serve it, it won't last long.
Dairy-free cream cheese (softened) - These are some popular dairy-free cream cheese brands. Find these at your local grocery store, Whole Foods, Walmart, Target, and Trader Joe's. Kite Hill, Wayfare, Daiya, Treeline, Trader Joe's, Miyoko's, Violife, Tofutti, and Go Veggie.
Chocolate chips (melted) - I use Enjoy Life brand. They are dairy-free and free of all the top 9 allergens.
Dairy-free milk - I use Planet Oat Original Oat Milk or the Extra Creamy variety. I love the consistency of this dairy-free milk, especially for baking and recipes.
How to Make Chocolate Fruit Dip
Melt the chocolate chips.
Stovetop - In a small saucepan melt the chocolate chips on med-low heat stirring constantly until smooth.
Microwave - In a microwave-safe bowl heat on high for 1-2 minutes in 30-second intervals until melted. Stir after each 30-second interval.
Cool the melted chocolate for 1-2 minutes before using.
Using an electric mixer combine the powdered sugar, vanilla, softened dairy-free cream cheese, dairy-free milk, and melted chocolate until smooth.
Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Serve with desired assorted fruit.
- Set out the cream cheese 1-2 hours before making this recipe. The cream cheese should be softened or the end result will be very lumpy.
- If stirring by hand use a whisk to prevent lumps.
- Make ahead. Make this recipe 1-2 days ahead. Cover it tightly and store it in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.
- Wash and cut your fruit no more than a few hours before serving so it stays fresh.
- For plain vanilla fruit dip just omit the chocolate chips in the recipe.
- Refrigerate the dip at least 1 hour before serving.
What to Serve with Chocolate Fruit Dip
Serve this dip with any fresh fruit. Here are a few ideas.
- Strawberries - This will taste like chocolate-covered strawberries. Yum!
- Other berries - blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
- Sliced bananas
- Sliced kiwi fruit
- Grapes - green or red
- Melons - cantaloupe, honeydew
- Sliced apples - Try this in the fall.
Serve this dip with other treats. Here are some other options to try.
- Angel food cake - cut into small cubes
- Graham Crackers
- Pretzels - for that sweet and salty combination
- Peanuts or Tree nuts - if not allergic
How Long Does Fruit Dip with Cream Cheese Last?
This dip will last 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Store it in an airtight container. Once refrigerated stir well before serving.
If you like this recipe try my Easy Taco Dip.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Fruit Dip
- 1 Electric hand-held mixer See notes below
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Small saucepan or small mixing bowl for melting the chocolate chips
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- 1 Serving platter or tray
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 cup Chocolate chips (melted)
- 8 ounces Dairy-free cream cheese of your choice
- 1/2 cup Dairy-free milk of your choice
- Melt the chocolate chips. Stir well.
- Using an electric mixer combine the powdered sugar, vanilla, softened dairy-free cream cheese, dairy-free milk and melted chocolate until smooth.
- Transfer the dip into a serving bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with desired assorted fruit.
Cool the melted chocolate for 1-2 minutes before using. NOTE: If mixing by hand Use a whisk and combine thoroughly to prevent lumps.
DID YOU MAKE THE CHOCOLATE FRUIT DIP? Let me know how it turned out with a comment below! I love to hear from you.
Blessings, Laura xo