A dear friend of mine gave me this easy fruit salad recipe about 10 years ago. I serve it at breakfast, brunch, or as a side dish for large gatherings. My family loves it. My daughter requests it, and I make it for breakfast for every major holiday. I just made this recipe over the weekend for Easter Brunch. Check out my other Holiday Recipes HERE. This recipe uses canned fruit, which is a great option when many fresh fruits are not in season. I sometimes serve this with sliced bananas over the top for variety.
There are many variations of easy fruit salad recipes. Easy Fruit salad with fresh fruit, or with peaches are popular. Easy fruit salad recipes with marshmallows, cool whip, and jello are also common. Once I made this recipe though, my family was hooked. No matter the variation, fruit salad is easy and healthy.
Easy Fruit Salad Recipe
- Large serving bowl with a lid
- Large Spoon
- Can opener
- 1 21 oz can Peach Pie Filling
- 1 20 oz can Pineapple Chunks, packed in 100% juice drained
- 1 11 oz can Mandarin Oranges, packed in 100% juice drained
- 1 10 oz jar Maraschino Cherries stems removed drained
- 2 large Bananas (sliced) optional
- Open the can of peach pie filling, pineapple chunks, and mandarin oranges.
- Drain the pineapple and mandarin oranges.
- Pour each can into a large serving bowl.
- Stir until blended.
- Open and drain the jar of maraschino cherries.
- Remove any stems from the cherries if needed.
- Pour the cherries on top of the fruit mixture.
- Cover the bowl with a lid.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and serve immediately.
Will Fruit Salad Keep Overnight?
Yes. Refrigerate any leftovers in a sealed container and they will last for up to 3-5 days. If serving with sliced bananas, remove any remaining slices before storing. Bananas will not keep.
Is Canned Fruit Still Good For You?
Yes. Canned fruit is a healthy option when many fresh fruits are not in season. Some of the vitamins and minerals in the fruits may be lost during the canning process, but not enough to impact the nutritional value significantly. Be aware that canned fruits packed in heavy or light syrup do contain added sugars. Look for fruit canned in 100% juice or water for the best nutritional value.
I hope you enjoy this easy fruit salad recipe as much as we do. Check out some of our other favorite breakfast recipes HERE.
Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this recipe.
Blessings, Laura xo