It's finally time to transition to fall, and this is the best apple pancakes recipe to get you started. We make these pancakes on lazy weekend mornings for a warm and cozy breakfast. Who can resist a light and fluffy stack of pancakes, especially topped with sweet apples? Just don't forget the warm maple syrup.
Need gluten-free apple pancakes? Then this recipe has got you covered too!
Affiliate Disclosure Statement: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means that I will earn a commission if you choose to make a purchase. I only recommend products I have tried and use.
Apples: I usually use granny smith apples in this recipe because they are tart and bring out the sweetness of the syrup. I have also used gala and fuji apples. Peel and cut, or grate the apples.
Gluten-Free Flour: Try my Simple Gluten-Free Flour Blend. You can buy gluten-free flours at most local grocery stores, Walmart, or Target. If you want to purchase your flours online, Amazon and Thrive Market, sell many gluten-free flours. Gluten-free flours can be expensive depending on which ones you use.
If you prefer, buy a pre-made gluten-free flour mix. I recommend Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 baking flour, King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour, or Krusteaz Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour (paid Amazon links).
Dairy-Free Ingredients: To make this recipe dairy-free use dairy-free milk and dairy-free butter. There are many dairy-free milk options available. I use oat milk because it's thicker and creamier. Most dairy-free milks will work in this recipe, although I do not recommend using rice milk, since it has a very thin consistency. In this recipe I use Earth Balance butter, which is dairy-free.
Lightly coat an electric griddle (paid Amazon link), or pan with oil. Heat the griddle to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or pan to medium heat.
While the griddle is heating, mix up your batter.
1. Weigh your gluten-free flour blend on a kitchen scale (paid Amazon link), and add it to a large mixing bowl. You can find my gluten-free flour blend HERE).
2. To the bowl add the xanthan gum (if needed), sugar, baking powder, and salt. Combine the ingredients with a large spoon, then set the bowl aside.
3. Weigh the dairy-free milk on a kitchen scale, then add it to a large mixing bowl.
4. To the bowl add the eggs, dairy-free butter (melted), and vanilla. Whisk all the wet ingredients together.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk together until the batter is smooth.
6. Pour the batter 1/4 cup at a time onto the griddle to make approximately 4″ round pancakes.
7. Cook the pancakes until the batter starts to bubble up then flip each pancake. Cook on the other side until browned.
Repeat the process until the batter is used.
Place on a serving plate.Repeat the process until the batter is used.
Serve with maple syrup, sliced apples, or lightly dust with powdered sugar. Or try these apple pancakes with a dollop of my Dairy-Free Whipped Cream.
For Apple Cinnamon Pancakes add 1 tsp. cinnamon to the dry ingredients in this recipe. Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
DID YOU MAKE THE PANCAKES? Let me know how they turned out with a comment below! I love to hear from you.
If you like this recipe try my original Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Pancakes.
Blessings, Laura xo